Ladysmith Village Landscape
The Board of Directors invites applications from residents of Ladysmith Village who are interested in volunteering on the Landscape Committee. Below are some sample tasks of a Landscape Committee.
- Providing the Board with recommendations for specifications and scope of services for grounds management, maintenance, and enhancements.
- Providing the Board with recommendations regarding policy for use of the common grounds which are owned and maintained by the Association.
- Providing the Board with recommendations regarding common grounds rules and regulations.
- Providing the Board with recommendations regarding common ground improvements, enhancements and maintenance specifications.
- Providing the Board with recommendations regarding the maintenance, improvement, and development on common grounds during the preparation of the annual budget.
Click here for Committee Application and Charters. If you have any questions please contact Katie Lane at 804-448-9956 or Lifestyle Director at 804-448-1014.
Landscape Management Services Schedule
Basic Services Annual Frequency
Spring Clean Up 1x; early Spring
Application of Horticultural Oil 1x; early Spring
Mulch Application 1x; early Spring
Fertilization of Ornamental Trees and Shrubs 1x; early Spring
Pre-emergent Turf Weed Control 3x; Spring, late Spring, September
Post-emergent Turf Weed Control 2x, Spring
Mowing and Trimming of Turf Grass 7-10 day intervals (April-September)
Mowing and Trimming of Bermuda Grass 2x per week (April- September)
Edging of Turf Grass Along Hard Surfaces with alternate mowing services
Weed Control on Hard Surfaces as needed
Pruning and/ or Shearing of Ornamental Shrubs 3x; June, August, September
Pruning of Ornamental Trees 1x; dormant season
Insect Control for Ornamental Trees and Shrubs as needed
Weed Control for Ornamental Beds and Tree Rings as needed
Soil Test 1x
Fertilization of Bermuda Turf Areas 2x; late Spring- Mid Summer
Aeration of Accessible Turf Grass 1x; late Summer or early Fall
Leaf Collection and Removal 1x, early Spring
Walking Trails (Founders Trail/Beaver Trail) 3x per growing season
All common area turf and street trees, to include easements (grass between sidewalk and street) is maintained by the Association. Townhome lawn care maintenance is included (fenced in rear yards are not included). All alley trees are to be maintained by adjacent homeowner.